Deflect Labs is a research and development arm of the Deflect project, concerning itself with mitigating malicious network traffic. The effort combines human intelligence into attack provenance with artificial intelligence (AI) that can detect and challenge anomalous behavior.
Deflect Labs leverages the large amount of data available to the Deflect platform and can enrich analysis to:
- develop and implement intelligent attack mitigation techniques;
- enable threat-sharing and crowd-sourced mitigating efforts;
- provide sophisticated intelligence about the nature of attacks;
- profile and create a taxonomy of attacks and botnets;
- develop visualization tools for attack and botnet analysis.